Thursday, January 14, 2010

welcome home

so the boys are home. we are now a family of 6!
whew!
my back hurts, my head hurts, my feet hurt...you name it, it hurts.
we got the baby, colalicious, from the hospital much later than expected, and then met z-diddy, our newest 22-month-old) at home later.
z-diddy is super clingy and has adjusted well to me, but won't let anyone else touch him. he already calls me "mommy," although i never told him to call me that. (since they're having visits with their bio mom, i didn't know what he should call me.)

it's weird because z-diddy is less than a month older than monkey but he talks so much more!

the baby has been crying all evening long. i have not yet found the trick to making him stop. at this moment, he's sitting in a swing and calming himself by literally sucking on his entire hand. wait...wait...and now he's crying again. i have held him, rocked him, fed him, changed him, bounced him, sang to him, and nothing has worked. i am not sure what it is: the overload of leaving a hospital after being there a month, coming off serious medications, being in a new place, being with a new family, reflux that we have no medication for because medicaid sucks, nausea/heartburn/indigestion/upset stomach/diarrhea...to which we would only need to give him pepto bismol and he'd be a-ok.

the hubs is home, my parents are visiting, and the hub's mom is coming on saturday. so we have help. and we have had so many people offer to do whatever we need. the problem seems to be that i can't leave the children's side, so i need people to do all these random things like throw away old bottles and change poopy diapers and install car seats and sort clothes and enter medication logs for fostering.

i am doing ok....i am doing ok...i am doing ok....if you say it more than once, it makes it true right?

it is rough, but you know what? with monkey, it was SO rough that i literally called the hubs sobbing after taking him to the doctor the first time. it was bad. i mean really bad. it was the lowest point of my entire life for reasons i can't fully remember or explain. he was in bad shape and i was not prepared at all mentally or physically or emotionally for an emergency placement, so while this is tough, i have help. i am prepared to be at home without leaving for long periods of time. it's a transition, and i don't do well with those, but we can handle it. God knew what He was doing when He gave us 4 children under the age of 4, and the joy of the Lord is my strength.

thank you guys for all your prayers and support. we need ALL the help we can get.
i love each and every one of you!

goodnight and goodluck

3 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about calming babies down, really at all, since I've not had one in my home. The swing always worked when I was babysitting, so keep at it. Eventually they have to learn to calm themselves, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the Lord is do through you is AMAZING. Wish I could be there with you at this time but we live too far apart. Please know we're praying for you guys! (you're still my hero)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, Mags! You can do this, and you're doing a good job. Remember to take five minutes whenever you can, and that the people around you WANT to help in ANY WAY, they're just waiting for instruction - no one is going to mind changing out the laundry or loading the dishwasher. I love you! I'm so proud of/impressed by you answering God's call so fully.

    ReplyDelete

leave me a little ditty: