i've begun writing this blog entry 3 times. the problem is: i have lots of tidbits to share, but nothing that i can form a whole entry out of.
here's a brief summary:
1. after 5 weeks of keeping the kids busy while the hubs was away, i am exhausted. so we've spent the last week or so doing a lot of resting and sitting around. the hubs is still working really long hours. we can't wait until things slow down for him.
2. we found out gabe needs glasses. he starts kindergarten in a few weeks, which makes me cry just thinking about it. lots of changes for our little...i mean big...man.
3. my 10 year reunion is coming up in september. this reminds me i'm aging. not really a fan. ;)
4. we're finishing up a study called "the prodigal God" by timothy keller, and it rocked my world. so so good. you should check it out.
5. a week from today, i will have been married to my hubs for 7 years. in these 7 years, we've received 4 children, gone to mexico and honduras together, moved a bunch of times, gotten to serve at several churches, graduated with various degrees, been through valleys and mountaintops, and SO many other things. but in the end, the thing i've seen demonstrated over and over in our marriage is that no matter what happens, we are there for each other. i have learned so much about what God desires me to be like through our marriage.
thanks, hubs, for always being so compassionate, loving, and patient with me. i see Jesus in you.