Thursday, April 29, 2010
my blooming miracle
look closely at this picture. notice anything interesting? besides the slinky. yep. that's a sock in the orchid. my orchid bloomed a sock. this is quite indicative of my life. something stinky in a pot with something beautiful. ;) that's my life in an orchid planter, i mean...a nutshell.
here's some of the goings-ons, since i need a blog break from the kiddos. my top 6 (i try not to conform):
1. the hubs is ready for graduation. me too.
2. the eldest is saying hilarious things like "in the beginning, God made mommy."
3. today i rebelled against chores and accomplished nothing around the house except loading and starting the dishwasher.
4. i had a heart-to-heart last night with the training coordinator of our adoption/foster agency for like an hour and it was so good for my soul. she is wonderful. we're like peas and carrots. ;) there's something to be said for people in my life who have no pity for foster children (because they don't need your pity), who will be upfront with me about the risks associated with fostering (i'm sick of sugarcoating the situation and/or putting foster parents on pedestals), and who can tell me they've been right where i'm at (she was a foster parent for like 20 years). here's my shout-out to linda. wooop.
5. blue bell makes banana pudding icecream (thanks amanda jo) and it kinda rocks my face off. really. yum.
blue bell: if you would like to pay me to endorse the best icecream in the country, i'm here for yah.
6. matt maher is my new fave artist at the moment. all his songs make me happy. go enjoy "no greater love"and tell me if you think he's like a refreshing drink of something tingly and carbonated.