Thursday, July 30, 2009

hysterical motherhood

my youngest, monkey, has been screaming for what seems like years. i want a soundproof room. i know infants are not logical beings, but i try to rationalize with him: "if you are crying and i pick you up, and you're still crying, i'm going to put you down." "if you wake up and are still tired, go back to sleep." "if you throw food down on the floor, you're not getting more. and you can't cry about it."

i think every small human should sleep at least 1 1/2 hours at a time. i wish my kids had a "suggestions" box that i could put all my ideas into or at least a snooze button.

i need a nap

1 comment:

  1. "I agree" said the bleary eyed mommy with a coffee cup in her hair attempting to drink a curler.

    ReplyDelete

leave me a little ditty: